Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 1, 2009 17:07:00 GMT -5
We don't know where the name "Dex" came from. It's an unusual name in the Netherlands. I never heard of it before hearing about this character last year (the Huygens family has been on the show since May 2008). Something tells me "Poindexter" is not just a random name. It would be cool if Dex was named after her.
I can't wait to see Liz! Today was her first rehearsal day. It's going to be really interesting to see her on this that I've been watching for so long. I'm with you. Please let her have another gay grandson! I'm optimistic because Lucas' first scene will be with Dex and Nina.
I hope Sair will visit more than once. I know Liz visits the Netherlands a lot, so it should be possible for her to visit from time to time.
I'm not really sure about Luke/Lucinda. I do know Lucy was named after her, so I guess it's possible Luke was too.
I'm hoping Dex will be his boyfriend, but I'm not sure. Especially not after reading the latest spoilers for the weeks of June 8 and June 15:
- Nina feels uneasy when a stranger stares at her, but Dex saves her. - Nina is in love with Dex, but denies it to Lies. Lies doesn't believe her. - Dex surprises Nina with a nice outing, which leads to an intimate moment.
Of course it's possible Dex is bi and they're going for a triangle. It would be really soapy to have a brother and sister fighting over the same guy.
Thanks for the clips, Mark. I'm really liking what I see of Dex. So how soon can he start having clandestine make-out sessions with his sort-of-girlfriend's brother/cousin/nephew? :p After all, as already mentioned, nothing spells soapy drama quite like that! ;D
Last Edit: Jun 10, 2009 8:21:45 GMT -5 by justinate
Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 10, 2009 9:06:00 GMT -5
LOL! GTST has an official Twitter and yesterday it said they were filming scenes in Janine's house (and Lucas will probably live there with his mother). I wonder if Lucas and Dex were making out on the couch. ;D
This morning they were filming in Dex' house and again I'm wondering if they were making out on the couch. ;D ;D
Lol, maybe Dex is not even going to be gay/bi. But it's fun to speculate. I expect the first Lucas spoilers next Tuesday, but they will probably not reveal anything. Lucas' debut is in the last week of the season so I expect the storyline to really kick off in the new season.
Maybe the finale cliffhanger will be Lucas and Dex realizing their feelings for each other, Dex moving in for a kiss and then they both rip each other's clothes off and fall onto the couch ... just as Nina walks in the door! LOL.
By the way, if Dex isn't going to be Lucas's love interest, how many other possibilities are there? I noticed Danny de Jong in the June 4th clip you posted; is he dating Dex's sister? And of course there's Janine's younger boyfriend - although mother and son fighting over the same man may push us into B&B territory (but with a gay/bi twist, lol).
Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 10, 2009 9:42:54 GMT -5
I really think Dex is the only option where it makes sense. Dex never had a serious relationship.
You're right. Danny de Jong is dating Dex' sister Ronja, but I believe they're breaking up this week. But I don't think he's for Lucas. They've been teasing him with another female character (and they have great chemistry so I'm all for that). Plus, Danny wrote a book about his girlfriend who died of cancer. She was his soulmate (this happened before he joined the show). The actor who plays Danny did play a gay character on a different show, but I don't think it would make sense if his character on GTST would fall for a guy.
Janine's younger boyfriend Jack. Nah.. I don't think I would like that either. BTW, he's her ex-boyfriend now.
The show does have 4 recurring actors for the younger cast. These actors (2 of them were in this last clip) are not on contract and don't have their own storylines. They're just here to support the younger group. We don't know a lot about them, so one of those guys could be gay.
I still say it's going to be Dex. Remember that Liz Hubbard is going to be his grandmother and she just happens to be a sexologist. If he's struggling with his feelings I could see him talk to her about it. And there are some hints that it is Dex (but it's really just speculation): Originally Ferry and Emiel were going to be on Life & Cooking together for an interview. At the last moment the interview was canceled. A few weeks later Ferry is there for the interview but without Emiel. It's like the show realized maybe they didn't want to spoil Dexas so soon. In the interview with Ferry the hosts showed him a few photo's of potential love interests. One of them was Dex. Ferry could've said something like at first he will mainly interact with Nina and Janine, but no. He said he couldn't say anything, or else he would spoil the storyline. Something else: Nina's father seems to accept Dex as a possible boyfriend for his daughter. That never happens! ;D So maybe he accepts him because in the end he won't be with Nina, but with Lucas.
I don't think they're going to be the finale cliffhanger. It's too soon (three days after Lucas' debut). They might be in the episode, because I think it will revolve around Maxime and Nick Sanders, but I don't expect them to be the main focus.
Thanks for the info and the additional clip, Mark.
Dex is adorable. And gorgeous. I'm glad to hear he's the most likely love interest for Lucas. If you don't mind me bothering you with more questions, I have a few (if you don't have the time, just ignore them):
1. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this show seems to follow a more traditional, serial formula as opposed to ATWT's new episodic format. So how much story do you think they could pack into the last three/four episodes of this season for Lucas?
2. When does the next season start, and when might we start getting more detailed spoilers for it? (On the same note, does the show usually have a volume of spoilers similar to the American soaps?)
3. Who does Nina live with? If not with Janine, who lives in her (Janine's) house? I'm asking because you said Lucas would probably live with his mother. Also, how are relationships within the Sanders family (specifically, Janine with Nina's paternal family)?
4. Is Liz Hubbard only going to appear this season or the start of the next one as well? If she's going to be advising Dex on his sexual confusion, and you say there's no time to develop a Dexas pairing, one would assume she would stay on past the finale, right?
5. How old are Dex and Nina supposed to be?
Thanks for any answers!
Last Edit: Jun 11, 2009 15:12:35 GMT -5 by justinate
Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 11, 2009 15:40:39 GMT -5
I have the time!
1. I don't think a lot of story will be told for Lucas during the last week of the season. I expect the majority of the airtime goes to the storylines who are getting a climax that week (so they can end the season with a few cliffhangers). I think they will introduce Lucas and maybe a first hint of his sexuality (for the spoiler-free people).
2. Season 20 starts on Monday, August 31. GTST doesn't give out a lot of spoilers. The only spoilers they have appear in the tv guide magazines. Most magazines are published once a week, but one of them is published every two weeks. That's why we get a set of spoilers every two weeks. Those spoilers still leave a lot of room for interpretation. I expect the spoilers for the last two weeks of the season next Tuesday, so hopefully there will be a Lucas spoiler (even though it won't give too much away).
3. Right now Nina lives with her father Ludo. Also living there is Ludo's sister Maxime. Janine moved in for now to be with Nina during her recovery. But earlier this season Nina was living with Janine, so she moves between the two from time to time. Ludo and Janine are one of the show's supercouple. They've been on and off since 1995 (the actors are a couple in real life too). They didn't always get along, but things seem to be better now. It looks like they might get back together. But I don't know how Ludo feels about Lucas who was the result of Janine's affair with Ludo's son Stefano.
4. She's going to be on the show for at least 3 weeks. But other sources say it's 8 weeks. We'll have to wait and see. But she will appear in the new season.
5. Nina celebrated her 21st birthday last April (the gas explosion leaving her paralyzed happened during that party). I think Dex is about the same age (20/21).
Thanks, Mark, for the answers AND the clip. Although I think I prefer Dex in the outfit he wore in the swimming pool episode :p
I'm afraid I now have more questions, LOL! Who were the couple leaving for Australia? And who was the woman at the beginning of the clip talking to Dex's mother? And finally, how old is Lucas supposed to be again? I imagined he was Nina's older brother but I guess he is younger?
Thanks and sorry to bother you again. It's just that I love to be fully aware of every detail of any soap I start watching, even if I'm really only watching it for one particular s/l.
Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 11, 2009 22:49:17 GMT -5
The couple leaving for Australia are Vicky Pouw and Noud Alberts. The actress (Liza Sips) was let go from the show, so we won't be seeing her again. The actor (Ruud Feltkamp) will be gone for three months. He's filming a movie. Dex and Vicky did have a thing together, but it was clear to me that he wasn't in love with her (Ha! Maybe because he's not attracted to her! LOL!). But this is why there was that uncomfortable moment between Dex and Noud. Noud has also made some homophobic comments in the past, so maybe they will do something with that when he returns in three months.
The woman in the beginning of the clip is Barbara Fischer. She's Janine's best friend. They are living together, so I think Lucas will cross paths with her. And yes, Lucas is younger. It's always hard to guess an age of a character with SORAS, but I think Lucas will be around 17 or 18 years old.
And you're not bothering me. I love it that non-Dutch people are interested!
And cherrios, nothing is for sure, but let's just say all the signs are pointing in the direction of Dex. Now that Vicky is leaving, Nina is the only female character in that age group. If Dex and Lucas end up together, I could see something develop between her and Noud when he comes back.
Post by GTSTfanMark on Jun 12, 2009 0:49:49 GMT -5
There have been moments where I thought like "Hey! Maybe..."
But Dex has been on the show for only a year now so they still can take the character in different directions. Like I said before, he hasn't been in a serious relationship so far. If he is going to end up with Lucas, I think they will write him as a bisexual character.